Saturday, August 28, 2010

Whew! I'm zapped!

Well, school has gotten off to a fabulous start, but I tell you what! I'm so stinkin' tired! I am just not used to talking and standing that much during the day because in the summer all I do is drink coffee and get my tan on. :) I wouldn't trade it for anything though because I get so attached to the kids and just love them so much.

This Monday night we have Parent Orientation which is where we make the parents familiar with how we do things at our school and in 4th grade. I have one parent in my class this year that I've taught her older son so I don't have to "orient" her too much. I'm praying nightly that she'll be my room mom again. She was awesome before! She even brought me milkshakes. I can't complain though because I've always had awesome room moms that are so willing to help out with parties and such. Even parties that are postponed until Monday because of snow. Those parents brought new "nanners" for our banana split Valentine's day party that was held on Monday due to the massive snow we got the Thursday night before our originally planned party. Yes! That was a LONG week. I say massive snow because Mississippi rarely gets even the hint of snow and we got a few inches last year!

Remember a couple of weeks ago I posted the Brain Boggle question? Well, the answer to that question was that the spare tire was the flat. :) Many of my kids answered it correctly and were awarded a piece of candy. Last week's Boggle was: A hiker went 7 days without sleep and wasn't tired. How could this happen? Give up yet???? Well, the hiker slept at night. :) Not many got this one correct. Oh well, better luck next week. Here's the Boggle: What has holes all in it but it can hold water?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that AWESOME MOM steps up to the plate this year!!!!

The Culpepper's said...

Oh me! I hope she does too! :) Remember, chocolate during cold weather and strawberry during hot weather!

summer said...

I think I have a pretty good idea who that "awesome room mom" is!!! And yes, she would make your school year SO much easier. I don't think people relize how vital a good room mom is until after they have had a bad one:(